Orthodontics | Braces
Gherardi & Moore General Dentistry Albuquerque
What is Orthodontic Therapy?
Dr. Gherardi uses orthodontic therapy on adults and children to prevent and treat mouth, teeth, and jaw problems. Using braces, retainers, and other devices, he helps straighten a person’s teeth and correct the way the jaws line up.
Ortho therapy treats kids for many problems, including having crowded or overlapping teeth or having problems with jaw growth and tooth development. These tooth and jaw problems may be caused by tooth decay, losing baby teeth too soon, accidents, or habits like thumb sucking. These problems can also be genetic or inherited.
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces please feel free to call us to schedule an appointment. Many simple orthodontic procedures can be completed with these clear aligners at a fraction of time and expense of complete braces.
- Clear aligners uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Gherardi’s expertise our orthodontic labs resources.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Gherardi has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Gherardi about once every 3 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 3-6 months.
Gherardi & Moore PA is a patient-centered dental practice where we use our combined 64 years of dental practice experience and knowledge to treat patients the way we would like to be treated. General Dentists Robert J. Gherardi, DMD, David T. Moore, DDS and Joseph R. Gherardi, DDS consider all patients as part of our extended family.Albuquerque Office Appointments